Farm to Table Catering
The Kitchen offers catering for large and small events with a genuine farm to table approach. We understand that each party has unique needs, and we are happy to accommodate as much as possible to make your event a success.
Read more about serving platter options, our delivery policy and the types of services we offer. Use our catering menu to help plan your full-service event.
Serving Platter Options
Bring Your Own:
Please drop off your serving platters one day before desired your pick-up time – no extra cost.
Use Our Disposable Containers:
If you wish to use our disposable tin/paper containers, the cost is $25–$45, depending on party size. This option does not include serving utensils.
Rent Our Platters:
Our Classic White oven proof serving platters ranging from $45–$175, depending on party size. This option does include serving utensils.
We have a number of items for rent for food service purposes. If you have a need, please ask.
Delivery is included when you hire The Kitchen for full service catering at your event. Otherwise, delivery is $45.00 in Eastbound proper, and up to $75.00 for other island locations. If you need delivery service, please remember to schedule in advance.
Our website provides enough catering and menu info for you to create an estimate on your own. The catering coordinator is available for questions upon request. If you would like a detailed estimate before you have secured your date with a deposit, the fee is $100. Then, if you decide to hire The Kitchen for your event, this amount will be applied to your final invoice.
Outside Food Policy
Here at The Kitchen, we have a high standard for food quality. We request that you leave the food prep up to us! If you have a favorite dish or special request please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate.
Just the food
Meetings, small parties, retreats (maximum 35 people)
Choose from our Kitchen Basics meals, selections from our daily menu at the restaurant packed family style or in individual to-go boxes. To calculate the cost of catered items, add 30% to the menu price, which includes 18% gratuity. Advance notice of 48 hours is required. You may pick up your order or pay an extra fee for delivery.
Larger parties with no service
Choose your platter options from the catering menu. We recommend making a catering reservation at least three weeks in advance, provided the date is available. A deposit is required, and we add an 18% gratuity. Delivery is available upon request for an extra fee.
Full Service Catering
At a full service catered party, you can expect us to:
- Prepare the food selections
- Deliver (no extra fee)
- Set up the beverage station
- Set out or pass appetizers
- Serve the main meal
- Clean up
Here’s what we need you to provide:
- Running water and electricity;
- Table decorations for food, water, bar tables;
- Two 8-foot tables with tablecloths if buffet style is desired. We are happy to provide plated meals if there is an adequate kitchen available;
- Tent or other covering over food serving area is recommended;
- Two 8-foot tables for a designated staging area for our staff. This area is also used for bussing;
- One staff member is required for every 20 guests, depending on event needs this number may fluctuate. Staff cost is $35 per hour per person. For example, an average event of 80 guests takes 4–5 staff members 5–8 hours.
Here’s what we provide:
- Arrive one hour prior to guests
- Help set up staging area, drink areas, pour water, etc.
- Set up bar/beverage station
- Serve appetizers/switch serving tables to main meal
- Serve main meal buffet or family style depending on the size and type of event
- Clean up all dishes – scrape, rinse and return to rental caddies
- Clean up staging area
What’s not included:
- WE DO NOT HAUL TRASH or recycling. However, we will take food scraps.
- We do not provide any flatware, drink ware or plates.
Plated Entrée Option:
Plated entrées are available at $2 per guest plus the cost of extra staff members, depending on guest count.
Cake Cutting Option:
The cake cutting fee is $75 for 1-45 people, $150 for 46-100 people.
The Bartender fee is $35 per hour.
When we provide the Bartender there is an event license fee of $99, which covers all legalities of our company serving alcohol to your guests off-site. When used, this license takes the place of the banquet license.
The Kitchen can provide beer and wine for any event, prices vary. Liquor must be purchased by the party. We make mixers and can provide other accoutrements for the bar, prices vary. Please inquire about these options.
- A non-refundable $250 deposit is required to reserve the date. This amount will be applied to the final balance.
- For parties of 75 people or more, 50% of the total invoice is due two weeks prior to the event, the remainder is due on the day of event.
- Regardless of party size, the final balance is due by the end of our food service responsibilities the night of event. If the invoice is not paid in full by the end of the event, there will be a late fee of $75 per day until satisfied.
- 18% Gratuity is added to all services, food and rentals.
- 8.3% Washington State sales tax will be added to the final total.